How to Get the Best from Your Doctor
Wydanie: 2013 r.
Dostępność: aktualnie niedostępny
Do you state your problem clearly to the doctor, or are you a 'while I'm here' or 'hand-on-the-door-knob' patient, stating your main concern just as you're about to leave? Do you save your ailments up and then go to the doctor with a 'list'? Do you write down what your doctor says, and if not, how well do you remember it?
Surveys show that a staggering 40% of patients go away with a completely different message to that given by their GP, while a third leave the surgery with their questions unasked because they feel too time-pressured or stressed to ask. This book aims to smooth some of those difficulties away with scintillating common-sense advice on how to get the best from your doctor. Topics include:
- Preparing for your GP appointment
- Your medical history and diagnosis
- Your doctor's day and out-of-hours procedure
- Talking to your doctor and asking questions
- Taking the information home and follow-up
- What to do if the relationship isn't working